Spot prawns are known for their sweet, delicate flavour and firm texture.
The key to preparing spot prawns is avoiding overcooking. They require only one to two minutes of cooking time and are done when they just turn pink. Overcooking will toughen the prawns. To thaw prawns, place the packaged product in the refrigerator overnight, or place the package in cold water until defrosted. The following recipe is a quick and easy way to enjoy spot prawns.
- 6 Spot Prawns
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice wine
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chopped scallions
- 1 tsp. cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Saute the chopped garlic until it turns light golden brown.
- Add the prawns, soy sauce, wine and sugar and do a few quick stirs.
- Use a spatula to press each prawn down, pan-frying both sides of the prawn until cooked.
- Add the chopped scallions and serve hot.
- The prawns can marinate in the soy, sugar and wine for 10 or so minutes before cooking...toss them a few times.